If you like baked beans, you'll savor this robust wrap. Wendy Conger of Winfield, Illinois combines canned baked beans, ground beef and corn, then rolls it up in tortillas. "I was wondering what to fix for dinner one night and came up with this," Wendy writes. My husband raved about it! It's fast and easy to make, too."
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (28 ounces) barbecue-flavored baked beans
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 12 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, corn and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; cook 1-2 minutes longer.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; top with lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream. Roll up. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Wraps in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p21
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review