Chuck Wagon Tortilla Stack Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1-1/3 cups (about 5 ounces) shredded pepper jack cheese
- Shredded lettuce, chopped red onion, sour cream and/or chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the garlic, beans, tomatoes, corn, chilies, barbecue sauce, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
- Coat a large deep skillet with cooking spray. Place one tortilla in skillet; spread with 1-1/2 cups meat mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers three times. Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are heated through. Cut into wedges. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Tortilla Stack
Sort By :
"Really quick and easy recipe and filling too! I, too, found it a little sweet, but still good. I think next time I will use pork and beans instead of the baked beans. We thought it better with the lettuce, tomato, onions, and sour cream on the top. Also, the bottom tortilla was hard to cut on the finished product. It would be nice to find a way to keep it soft."
"I added cilantro and used mexican flavored tomatoes. since the tomatoes had sugar in them, the dish was too sweet with the bbq sauce and baked beads. I'll use regular tomatoes next time."