If you like, you can vary this dish by using a macaroni and cheese mix with wheel- or shell-shaped pasta instead of the usual "elbows". Or try white cheddar or Mexican-style macaroni and cheese mixes.—Novella Cook, Hinton, West Virginia
Recommended: 22 Ground Beef Skillet Recipes
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; set aside. In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and reserved macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Mac in Country Ground Beef 1993, p47
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Mac
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2010
"I omitted the celery because I don't like cooked celery and I added a little bit of sugar to offset the tartness of the tomato sauce. My teen liked it and had seconds. It was good."