If you like, you can vary this dish by using a macaroni and cheese mix with wheel- or shell-shaped pasta instead of the usual "elbows". Or try white cheddar or Mexican-style macaroni and cheese mixes.—Novella Cook, Hinton, West Virginia
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; set aside. In a large skillet, cook the beef, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the corn, tomato sauce, salt, pepper and reserved macaroni and cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Mac in Country Ground Beef 1993, p47
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Mac
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review