Chuck Wagon Chowder Recipe
Serve fresh fruit or a salad with this hearty chowder and you have a complete meal! My family really enjoys it.—Regina Somerlot, Wabash, Indiana
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 quart plus 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 package (1 pound) noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 cups (4 to 8 ounces each) shredded American cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef with onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peas, tomatoes and tomato juice. Add noodles and seasonings.
- 2. Cover and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring as needed. Reduce heat; simmer 10-15 minutes longer. Sprinkle cheese on top and let it melt before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 375 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 997 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Chowder
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC