While planning my Christmas menu a few years ago, I came across this recipe. I decided to try it and was showered with compliments. This chunky chili has been a much-requested dish ever since.
Recommended: 38 Ultimate Chili Recipes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 6 hot dogs, halved and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p124
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 29, 2012 Edited May. 12, 2017
"I have made this recipe several times since I first found it and it makes for a good down-home meal. I have received compliments whenever I fix it for family or friends. I agree, it does make good camping fare."