While planning my Christmas menu a few years ago, I came across this recipe. I decided to try it and was showered with compliments. This chunky chili has been a much-requested dish ever since.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 6 hot dogs, halved and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until thick and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p124
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review