Chuck Wagon Burgers
Howdy, pardner! When our son requested a cowboy theme for his birthday party, I planned a Western-style meal including these savory burgers. In the spirit of true chuck wagon fare, I served them on large biscuits rather than buns.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated biscuits
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large bowl, combine soup mix and water; crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, uncovered, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on
- each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run
- Meanwhile, place biscuits on ungreased baking sheets; sprinkle with
- seasoned salt. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden
- brown. Split; top each biscuit with a hamburger. Yield: 8 servings.