Chuck Wagon Burgers Recipe
Howdy, pardner! When our son requested a cowboy theme for his birthday party, I planned a Western-style meal including these savory burgers. In the spirit of true chuck wagon fare, I served them on large biscuits rather than buns.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated biscuits
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large bowl, combine soup mix and water; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, uncovered, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place biscuits on ungreased baking sheets; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Split; top each biscuit with a hamburger. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Burgers in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p37
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Burgers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >