Chuck Wagon Beans with Sausage
I followed the lead of cooks of the Old Western cattle ranges to come up with these savory beans. Sweet and smoky, they’re made extra hearty by adding sausage.Nancy Moore, Bucklin, Kansas
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup steak seasoning
- In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and
- cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield: 24
- servings (2/3 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 229 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 1,299 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 11 g protein.