Chuck Wagon Beans with Sausage Recipe
I followed the lead of cooks of the Old Western cattle ranges to come up with these savory beans. Sweet and smoky, they’re made extra hearty by adding sausage.—Nancy Moore, Bucklin, Kansas
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup steak seasoning
- 1. In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield: 24 servings (2/3 cup each).
2/3 cup equals 229 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 1,299 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Beans with Sausage
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC