I followed the lead of cooks of the Old Western cattle ranges to come up with these savory beans. Sweet and smoky, they’re made extra hearty by adding sausage.—Nancy Moore, Bucklin, Kansas
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) baked beans
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pickled jalapeno slices, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup steak seasoning
- In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until heated through. Yield: 24 servings (2/3 cup each).
Originally published as Chuck Wagon Beans in Country Woman April/May 2011, p29
Reviews for Chuck Wagon Beans with Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review