Chuck Roast with Homemade Noodles Recipe
The whole family loves Mom's tender beef and hearty noodles. Simmered in beef broth, the noodles taste wonderfully old-fashioned. Mom has to make a huge batch since even the grandchildren gobble them up. -Gloria Grant, Sterling, Illinois
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a Dutch oven, brown roast and onion in oil. Add 1 cup water. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, for noodles, combine flour and salt in a bowl; make a well in the center. Beat egg and milk; pour into well. Stir to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a well-floured surface; roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut into 1/8-in. strips. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- 3. Remove roast and keep warm; add broth and remaining water to pan. Bring to a boil; add noodles. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain; season with pepper. Serve with the roast. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chuck Roast with Homemade Noodles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC