Chuck Roast with Homemade Noodles Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) beef broth
- Pepper to taste
- In a Dutch oven, brown roast and onion in oil. Add 1 cup water. Cover and bake at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, for noodles, combine flour and salt in a bowl; make a well in the center. Beat egg and milk; pour into well. Stir to form a stiff dough. Turn onto a well-floured surface; roll into a 15-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Cut into 1/8-in. strips. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Remove roast and keep warm; add broth and remaining water to pan. Bring to a boil; add noodles. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain; season with pepper. Serve with the roast. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Chuck Roast with Homemade Noodles
Sort By :
"ULTIMATE COMFORT FOOD..my family loves this and I make it at least twice a month!!"
"My reciept is very much like this one and I think whole milk makes them much better than water that most call for. I am always the one that has to bring the homemakd noodles to all of our get together. I make mine just before it is time to put them in and don't have to put them in the frige that way. I still have time while they are cooking to finih up the rest of the meal then. Like to have a nickel for every one I have made over the last 60 years. Everyone should try at least once to make them, they won't buy the dried ones again. I have taught our childrena and grand children how to make them. JulMoore"
"I tried this recipe recently. Although it takes a little time to make the noodles, its worth it. My husband went crazy over it. He said be sure not to lose this recipe!!"