- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chuck Roast Dinner
"Delicious! I made this for a family dinner for my parents and everyone loved it."
"I thought this was a great recipe. It was easy and quick to throw into the crockpot and didn't require any more attention except to serve it up. I threw a few more potatoes and carrots into the pot than what the recipe called for. It was really hearty and filling!"
"This was very easy to make and it tasted wonderful! I love to use the slow cooker when its too hot outside (I live in Ohio) to grill or heat up the oven! Both my husband and I loved this recipe. Thanks for submitting :)"
"This meal was a huge hit! I even doubled the amount of veggies and still had no leftovers!"
"I used V8 juice instead of tomatoe juice and put in fresh mushrooms. It turned out very good."
"I love snack mix it is soooooooooooooooooo good"