A tasty tomato sauce nicely coats this comforting combination of beef, potatoes and carrots. “My father gave me the recipe,” recalls Cindy Miller of Estes Park, Colorado. “It was one of our favorites when we would go hiking all day. It takes minutes to throw together.”
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chuck Roast Dinner in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p52
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chuck Roast Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review