- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds), cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Chuck Roast Dinner
Sort By :
"Delicious! I made this for a family dinner for my parents and everyone loved it."
"I thought this was a great recipe. It was easy and quick to throw into the crockpot and didn't require any more attention except to serve it up. I threw a few more potatoes and carrots into the pot than what the recipe called for. It was really hearty and filling!"
"This was very easy to make and it tasted wonderful! I love to use the slow cooker when its too hot outside (I live in Ohio) to grill or heat up the oven! Both my husband and I loved this recipe. Thanks for submitting :)"
"This meal was a huge hit! I even doubled the amount of veggies and still had no leftovers!"
"I used V8 juice instead of tomatoe juice and put in fresh mushrooms. It turned out very good."