This soft cookie made from a cake mix bakes up in minutes. And kids will enjoy adding the simple decorations. Sounds like the perfect Easter treat! —Taste of Home Food Styling Team
16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 5 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 15 drops red food coloring
- 16 red gumdrops
- 32 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs and
- water; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup batter. To remaining batter, stir in food coloring.
- Cut a 1/4-in. hole at the corner of two food-safe plastic bags; fill
- one with pink batter and one with plain batter.
- Using pink batter, pipe a 4x2-in. oval ring onto a greased baking
- sheet for bunny face. Pipe two ovals for ears. Using plain batter,
- pipe centers for ears and cheeks for face. Pipe additional pink
- batter to completely fill ears and face. Repeat with remaining
- Trim off bottom ends of gumdrops; use rounded tops for noses. Add
- chocolate chips for eyes. Bake 4-6 minutes or until set. Cool 1
- minute before removing to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 16 bunnies.