Chrysanthemum Chicken Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder, optional
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons additional chicken broth or sherry
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup chrysanthemum petals
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken and toss to coat. In a wok or skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Add the broth, additional broth or sherry and green onion. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the flower petals and toss to coat. Serve over rice. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 318 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.