Chrusciki Bow Tie Cookies Recipe
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup spiced rum
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, egg, rum, vanilla and salt until blended. Gradually add confectioners' sugar; beat until smooth. Stir in flour until a stiff dough forms. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead seven times.
- Divide dough into three portions. Roll one portion into a 1/4-in.-thick rectangle, about 12 in. x 5-1/2 in. Cut in half lengthwise, then cut dough widthwise into 1-1/2-in.-wide strips. Cut a 3/4-in. lengthwise slit down the center of each strip; pull one of the ends through the slit, forming a bow. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry cookies, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chrusciki Bow Tie Cookies(2)
Sort By :
Can't wait to try these. They look like what my grandmother use to make. She was Lithuanian and her 1st husband was Polish.
Just like my mom used to make when I was a little girl. Except she used to say they were Italian and called them bow ties! I chnaged the recipe just slightly and used flavored rum (cherry). EXCELLENT!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Holiday Cookie Recipes >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >