Cornflakes take the place of traditional rice cereal in these sweet no-bake treats from our Test Kitchen. Dressed up with green food coloring and red candies, they're a fun addition to cookie platters and dessert buffets.
8 ServingsPrep: 50 min. + standing
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Green food coloring
- 3 cups cornflakes
- 72 miniature red M&M baking bits
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the marshmallows and butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until butter is
- melted and marshmallows are puffed. Add food coloring and mix well.
- Stir in the cornflakes.
- Shape into 3-in. wreaths on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Immediately press M&M's in three clusters of three for berries. Let
- stand until set. Yield: 8 wreaths.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 134 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.