Christmas Wreath Salad
It's a jolly holiday when Mom makes this cool eye-catching salad. Pecans, pineapple and maraschino cherries are sweet surprises in every serving of this pretty side dish.
-Becky Brunette, Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup red maraschino cherries, halved
- Lettuce leaves and additional cherries, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate until
- partially set, about 30 minutes. Drain pineapple, reserving juice;
- set pineapple aside. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-3/4
- cups; stir into gelatin mixture. Whisk in yogurt until smooth. Fold
- in nuts if desired, cherries and reserved pineapple.
- Pour into a 2-qt. ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate
- until set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate and garnish
- with additional cherries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 212 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.