Christmas Wreath Salad Recipe
It's a jolly holiday when Mom makes this cool eye-catching salad. Pecans, pineapple and maraschino cherries are sweet surprises in every serving of this pretty side dish. -Becky Brunette, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup red maraschino cherries, halved
- Lettuce leaves and additional cherries, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 30 minutes. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-3/4 cups; stir into gelatin mixture. Whisk in yogurt until smooth. Fold in nuts if desired, cherries and reserved pineapple.
- 2. Pour into a 2-qt. ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate and garnish with additional cherries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 212 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Wreath Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC