Christmas Wreath Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 8 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Divide into four portions. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; cut out centers using a floured 1-in. round cookie cutter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.
- 4. For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, shortening, maple flavoring and enough milk to achieve piping consistency.
- 5. Place 3/4 cup frosting in a small bowl; tint with red food coloring. Tint remaining frosting green. Using a #13 star tip, pipe green frosting over cookies. With a #2 round tip and red frosting, pipe bows onto wreaths. Yield: 7 dozen.
1 each: 151 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Christmas Wreath Cookies
"Made these however they were so nice in the oven but once out they sagged. How can I stop that from happening otherwise amazing cookies."