- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for
- 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat
- with remaining dough.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar,
- shortening, maple flavoring and enough milk to achieve piping
- Place 3/4 cup frosting in a small bowl; tint with red food coloring.
- Tint remaining frosting green. Using a #13 star tip, pipe green
- frosting over cookies. With a #2 round tip and red frosting, pipe
- bows onto wreaths.
- Yield: 7 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before rolling out. Cookies can be baked 1 week ahead of time and stored in an airtight container or frozen for up to 1 month.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 151 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.