- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into an
- 18-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with
- chopped almonds and cinnamon to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; pinch ends together
- to form a ring. With scissors, cut from outside edge to two-thirds
- of the way toward center of ring at 1-in. intervals. Separate strips
- slightly; twist to allow filling to show. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Combine
- confectioners' sugar, water and extract; drizzle over warm bread.
- Yield: 1 wreath (16 slices).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 259 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.