- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 jars (8 ounces each) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chopped roasted sweet red peppers, ripe avocado and green onions, optional
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onions in batches; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans, broth, green chilies, red peppers, seasonings and pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and whipping cream. If desired, serve with toppings. Yield: 8 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Christmas White Chili in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p36
Reviews for Christmas White Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review