- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the cauliflower, olives and peppers; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Vegetable Salad
Sort By :
"Was a huge hit at our family's Christmas decorating contest! Am planning to make it for Christmas Day dinner, too! After reading the comments, I had peperoccinis available for those who like them. I thought they added a great flavor to the salad! Was very attractive in my cut-glass bowl, too!"
"Disappointing! Glad I tried this before making it for Christamas!"
"I've made a similar thing for years and call it "Winter Salad". I add sliced carrots and often add marinated artichoke hearts, using a little additional of the artichoke marinade as the dressing. I may make a large batch and keep in the frig for several days, taking some out each day to toss with some lettuce, pine nuts, snap peas, pepperocini, and whatever else I have on hand that sounds good. I sometimes rinse off the artichoke hearts and use another dressing. This is versatile and always a hit."
"This was a great salad, for someone who doesn't like peppers or stuffed olives it was great."
"I made this for Christmas Day and was a big success. Then I made it for a baby shower and everyone loved this recipe. I could make this every week my Husband really likes this salad."