Christmas Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced cauliflower
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped red pepper
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine the cauliflower, olives and peppers; drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Vegetable Salad
Sort By :
Made this salad for the first time for Christmas this year. It was a hit. Even with all the leftovers, I had to make another batch because it was so good. Since there is excess dressing, I add another cup of cauliflower.
I made this for Christmas Day and was a big success. Then I made it for a baby shower and everyone loved this recipe. I could make this every week my Husband really likes this salad.
Very tangy and tasty, albeit unusual. My family liked this salad--it went well with lasagna as a side dish, believe it or not!
I have used this recipe often. Sometimes we substitute Splenda for the sugar. I used red wine vinegar and 1 packet of Splenda. Delicious.
I grew up on this recipe except we always used a lite Italian dressing. I like the dressing ingredients used in this recipe. Any crunchy vegetables works well with it, too, such as fresh broccoli, carrots, and celery. It's one of my favorite salads.