Christmas Trifle Recipe
A flavorful blend of cake, pudding, eggnog and fruit will make folks think you really spent a lot of time putting together this fancy but fuss-free dessert.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:16-20 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries
- 1 jar (6 ounces) green maraschino cherries
- 3-1/2 cups eggnog, chilled
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Dip bananas in juice; drain and discard juice. Set aside pineapple, bananas, three red cherries and three green cherries. In a bowl, whisk the eggnog and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Place half of the pudding in a 4-qt. serving or trifle bowl; layer with half of the bananas, pineapple. cherries, cake cubes and whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with walnuts and reserved cherries. Yield: 16-20 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC