- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
- Green paste food coloring
- Light bulb-shaped sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. x 3-in. tree-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and milk. Remove 1/3 cup icing to a small bowl; tint dark green with food coloring. Tint remaining icing light green; spread over cookies. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill bag with dark green icing. Pipe zigzag lines onto trees for Christmas lights; decorate with sprinkles. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p111
Reviews for Christmas Tree Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review