Christmas Tree Sandwiches Recipe
Plain peanut butter and jelly sandwiches take on new shape in the hands of subscriber Flo Burtnett of Gage, Oklahoma! To make her fun versions, she cut frozen bread slices with a tree-shaped cookie cutter, poked holes into one slice so the jelly would show through, then put together the sandwiches. "By the time you've finished, the bread's thawed and ready for eating," she notes.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 12 slices white and/or wheat bread, frozen
- Christmas tree cookie cutter (about 3-1/2 inches)
- Plastic drinking straw
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup red or green jelly or jam
- Pastry bag or small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag
- 1. Cut bread into trees with cookie cutter. Using the straw, punch holes into six trees; set aside. Spread remaining trees with peanut butter and jelly. Top with trees that have holes; fill holes with additional jelly using the pastry bag. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC