Christmas Tree Rolls Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
- Red and/or green candied cherries, optional
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a rectangle. Press seams and perforations to seal; roll lightly with a rolling pin. Spread butter over dough. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Seal edge. Cut into 22 slices. To form a tree, place slices on a greased baking sheet with sides touching and cut side up. Place one slice in the top row and two slices in the second row. Repeat with remaining rolls, adding one slice per row, until the tree has six rows. Center the one remaining slice under the last row for a truck. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over warm rolls. Decorate with cherries if desired. Yield: 22 rolls.
Reviews for Christmas Tree Rolls
Sort By :
"Good idea Pat. I think I'm going to try this using cinnamon rolls!"
"I made this for Christmas dinner and the concept of the tree caught everyone's eye; however, using cinnamon rolls would have made more sense and a larger size roll per person.Pat"
"I can't wait until Christmas Day to make this recipe for our Christmas brunch. I think everyone will be surprised. BJA"
"this recipe was a great find! fast and easy, I don't have the time! for kick I used 1T splenda, 1/2 t. cinnamon and 2T splenda brown sugar and 1/2 c chopped pecans for sprinkle over the butter before rolling up to cut. Then added baking mini M&Ms for christmas tree bulb decoration. I needed 2 one was not enough!"
"I made these and everyone enjoyed them. They made beautiful Christmas trees and I know I will make them in the future.betwendy"