Christmas Tree Brownies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Green paste food coloring, optional
- Assorted nonpareils
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9-in. baking pan with foil, letting ends extend up sides; grease foil. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and salt. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour, mixing well.
- Spread into prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownie begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Lifting with foil, remove brownie from pan. Cut brownie to form a tree (save trimmings for another use). If desired, tint frosting green. Frost tree; decorate as desired. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1 tree.
Reviews for Christmas Tree Brownies
Sort By :
"Jaymehale , I would appreciate having the original recipe. Please post it, if you don't mind.Have a very Merry Christmas!"
"This brownie tree recipe was a big hit with everyone!!! My daughter had the most fun adding candy decorations!! I'll be adding this recipe to our holiday treats!"
"These are simple, and delicious. I made the Rudolph version for my kids! That version is in the Taste of Home Magazine/December 2013 edition. If you can't find the candy eyes, you can use white candies, and dab a little black gel frosting onto the centers!"
"I wish Taste of Home had posted my mom's actual recipe because it is a family favorite. I'm a bit disappointed that they changed the name, the pic, and a few of the ingredients because her brownies are great the way she makes them."