Christmas Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pancetta. Cook until crisp. Add chopped onions; cook 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Add cooked tortellini to soup mixture. Stir in crushed tomatoes; simmer for 5 minutes longer. Add spinach; cook until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Christmas Tortellini Soup
"A great soup recipe: I did make a few changes simply to utilize what I had on hand. Instead of chicken broth, I used beef broth and instead of cheese tortellini I used frozen beef ravioli. I also used a quart of our home-canned tomatoes rather than the 28-ounce can the recipe called for. My version turned out delicious and we enjoyed it very much!"
"I have made this so many times! A great family dinner!"
"One of my favorite TOH recipes."
"Very good! I made it without the meat and substituted vegetable broth and it was excellent. This is definitely a keeper!"
"Adding the shaved asiago on top is the perfect touch!"
"Everyone loved this recipe so much last year I have to make it again this Christmas!!"
"This is my go-to soup recipe for the work week! Absolutely love it!"
"My husband is on the fussy side and old dutchman, but I made this for him. And he thought it was great, he loved it. Will defiantly make again."
"I've made this so many times I lost count, it's so excellent!!"
"This is very good I passed this on to my daughter and she and her husband agree"
"I make this all the time. My family and friends love this soup. It's quick and easy to make"
"This soup is very good. I added mushrooms and red pepper."
"I am 6.It is great!"