Christmas Tortellini Soup
For a delicious soup to warm you up on Christmas, try this recipe. It is so easy to make and will make be a hit with friends and family.—Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pancetta.
- Cook until crisp. Add chopped onions; cook 3-4 minutes or until
- soft. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken broth and
- Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.
- Add cooked tortellini to soup mixture. Stir in crushed tomatoes;
- simmer for 5 minutes longer. Add spinach; cook until spinach is
- wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 8 servings.