Christmas Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ounces pancetta or bacon, finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 8 ounces fresh spinach, rinsed, stemmed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add pancetta. Cook until crisp. Add chopped onions; cook 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken broth and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Add cooked tortellini to soup mixture. Stir in crushed tomatoes; simmer for 5 minutes longer. Add spinach; cook until spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Tortellini Soup(13)
Sort By :
Very good! I made it without the meat and substituted vegetable broth and it was excellent. This is definitely a keeper!
Adding the shaved asiago on top is the perfect touch!
Everyone loved this recipe so much last year I have to make it again this Christmas!!
This is my go-to soup recipe for the work week! Absolutely love it!
My husband is on the fussy side and old dutchman, but I made this for him. And he thought it was great, he loved it. Will defiantly make again.