Christmas Tortellini & Spinach Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper; return to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach and basil; cook until spinach is wilted. Top servings with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Tortellini & Spinach Soup
Sort By :
"I love how quick and easy it was."
"This was really good!"
"There is a very similar recipe using turkey italian sausage in addition to the ravioli, baby spinach and diced tomatoes which is also very good."
"Really good soup and easy to make if you are in a pinch!"
"This soup is very simple to make. It tasted great! The ingredients are easy to find at the store and readily available. It has a great contrast of colors and is very flavorful. I've made it multiple times, still great as leftovers, too."