Christmas Tortellini & Spinach Soup Recipe
I made this soup for the first time in the summer, but when I saw its bright red and green colors, my first thought was that it would make a perfect first course for Christmas dinner. —Marietta Slater, Justin, Texas
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini or tortellini of your choice
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper; return to a simmer. Cook 4-5 minutes longer or until tortellini are tender.
- 2. Stir in spinach and basil; cook until spinach is wilted. Top servings with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC