"Sour Cream keeps my favorite sugar cookies extra moist," notes Lisa MacLean of Winslow, Arizona. Dress them up with a drizzle of tinted white chocolate or dip them in white chocolate, then sprinkle with crushed candy canes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- White candy coating
- Green paste food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in the sour cream, honey and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 325° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white coating; stir until smooth. Stir in food coloring; drizzle over cookies. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Christmas Sugar Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p65
Reviews for Christmas Sugar Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review