On a special day, preparing mouthwatering cinnamon rolls with a rich caramel sauce is a tempting way to treat family and friends. Using convenient hot roll mix makes it easy to do, and the pecans and candied cherries give the rolls a lovely look.—Ann Harrill, Reidsville, North Carolina
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup pecan halves
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare hot roll mix according to package directions. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 1/4-in. thick rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting at a long end; pinch edges to seal seam. Cut each roll into eight equal pieces and set aside. Arrange pecans and cherries in two greased 8-in. round pans or 6-cup ring molds. Combine glaze ingredients in a medium saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is well blended. Pour glaze over pecans and cherries; top with rolls. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30-45 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert pans onto platters and let glaze drizzle over rolls. Yield: 16 rolls.
Originally published as Christmas Star Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1997, p18
Reviews for Christmas Star Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review