Christmas Special Fruitcake Recipe
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Brazil nuts or other nuts (walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts)
- 1 pound pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts, dates and cherries. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; add to nut mixture, stirring until nuts and fruit are well coated.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs until foamy; stir in vanilla. Fold into nut mixture and mix well. Pour into a greased and parchment paper-lined 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 300° for 1-3/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Christmas Special Fruitcake(5)
Sort By :
After making this fruitcake once, I have been asked to make it more frequently throughout the year.
This is a very heavy dry fruit cake. The taste is very good though.
This was my first time baking a fruit cake so I was very nervous trying this recipe. It turned out GREAT, very moist and tasty. This has become a Christmas favorite at my house!
Surprisingly fewer calories than most rich recipes. I substituted Splenda for the sugar and there was absolutely no change in taste or texture. This is a good fruitcake.