For as long as I can remember, we always had this wonderful soup on Christmas Day. In our part of the country, where winters are long and cold, this sure warms us up.
Recommended: 17 Christmas Eve Dinner Ideas
- 2 cans (6-1/2 ounces each) chopped clams
- 2 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the clams, reserving juice; set clam aside. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine clam juice, potatoes, celery, carrots and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the milk, shrimp, bacon, parsley, salt, pepper and reserved clams; heat through. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Seafood Soup in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p29
Reviews for Christmas Seafood Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review