Christmas Sandwich Cremes Recipe
These melt-in-your-mouth sandwich cookies have a scrumptious filling. I helped my sister make these in high school when she needed a project in her home economics class. She got an A+! —Janice Poechman, Walkerton, Ontario
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Food coloring
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, cream and flour. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until dough is easy to handle.
- 2. Divide into thirds; let one portion stand at room temperature for 15 minutes (keep remaining dough refrigerated until ready to roll out). Preheat oven to 375°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place cutouts in a shallow dish filled with sugar; turn to coat. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Prick with a fork several times. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Tint with food coloring. Spread about 1 teaspoon filling over half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 90 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC