Christmas Sandwich Cookies
"My mother-in-law gave me the recipe for these lovely melt-in-your-mouth cookies," remarks Elizabeth Klager of St. Catharines, Ontario. "They're a Christmas tradition at our house."
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoon milk
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Green food coloring
- Quartered red candied cherries and star-shaped sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light
- and fluffy. Add milk. Combine the flour, cornstarch and salt; add to
- the creamed mixture, beating just until dough forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead 20 times. Roll out 3/8-in.
- thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart
- on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-13 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spread jam over the bottom of