Christmas Salad Recipe
I enjoy entertaining during the holidays and always include this colorful salad on the menu. The red pepper and water chestnuts add a sweet crunch...while the homemade vinaigrette gives this salad a savory zest.
- CRANBERRY VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 12 cups mixed greens
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained, optional
- Grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Chill until ready to serve.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, red pepper and water chestnuts if desired. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Serve with cranberry vinaigrette. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup vinaigrette).
1 cup: 140 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 129mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Christmas Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC