Christmas Ribbon Salad Recipe
Spirits are light at holiday time around Debra Stoner's home--and so are many of the meas she serves. "I make this dessert every year at Christmas," she informs from Carlisle, Pennsylvania. "It's one of my husband's favorites. I slimmed down the recipe by using sugar-free gelatin and reduced-fat topping."
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add 2 cups cold water; stir. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until almost set, about 2 hours.
- 2. In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in pineapple and pecans. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over first layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Add remaining cold water; stir. Chill until syrupy and slightly thickened. Carefully spoon over second layer. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Yield: 15 servings.
One square equals 92 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC