Christmas Ribbon Salad Recipe
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 5 cups boiling water, divided
- 4 cups cold water, divided
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve lime gelatin in 2 cups boiling water. Add 2 cups cold water; stir. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until almost set, about 2 hours.
- 2. In a bowl, dissolve lemon gelatin in 1 cup boiling water; whisk in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in pineapple and pecans. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over first layer. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- 3. In a bowl, dissolve cherry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Add remaining cold water; stir. Chill until syrupy and slightly thickened. Carefully spoon over second layer. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Yield: 15 servings.
1 piece: 92 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Christmas Ribbon Salad
"Great refreshing dessert! Will Make again."
"I have made this recipe for many years. It's brigh tcolors and good flavor make it a favorite"
"Linda - very good and easy to make."
"Taste Great & Looks Great"
"Very tasty and looked so pretty on my Christmas table."
"This looks and sounds delicious, but what size dish do you use for the finished product?"
"We always have this on Christmas for our Italian heritage .. The flag , so good .."
"This is an old favourite in our family too. I've never tried it with the pecans though - sounds interesting. Since we are a small family, I always made half this recipe, and made it in a loaf pan, which I then unmoulded. Thanks for reminding me of this - I'll make it for my church pot luck!"
"Tasty and easy to make and makes a very beautiful presentation, especially for the holidays!"
"to tastydog1 - definitely try this with all 3 - it is so Christmasy and delicious and makes a lovely serving presentation"
"Delighted to find a recipe for the long time Christmas family favorite."
"I make a similiar desert for the holidays,but, I only use the lemon and cherry jello. also I dissolve 3/4 cup of miniture marshmellows with the boiling warter and cream cheese (4 oz.) If lime jellow is used I put it on top and eliminate the cherry jello. Maybe I'll try putting the lime jello on bottom and use all 3."