- after each addition. Fold in the raisins, walnuts and dates.
- Spoon into a well-greased 2-qt. pudding mold or ovenproof bowl; cover
- tightly. Place on a rack in a deep pan; add 3 in. of hot water to
- pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 3 hours or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, adding water to
- pan as needed.
- Let stand for 20 minutes before unmolding. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, combine brown sugar and flour. Stir in water until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- stir in butter and vanilla.
- Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; garnish with holly leaves and
- cranberries if desired. Serve warm with syrup. Yield: 10 servings
- (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Editor's Note: Holly leaves and berries are toxic. Do not use as a garnish.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 2 tablespoons syrup equals 525 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.