- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the eggs, milk and molasses. Combine the flour, baking powder,
- baking soda and spices; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in
- the apple, raisins, cherries and dates.
- Pour into a well-greased 6-cup pudding mold or metal gelatin mold.
- Cover with foil. Place on a rack in a deep kettle. Add 1 in. of
- boiling water to kettle; cover and boil gently for 2 to 2-1/2 hours
- or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean,
- replacing water as needed. Let stand for 5 minutes before unmolding.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water
- until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for
- 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter
- and nutmeg. Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges.
- Serve warm with sauce. Yield: 8 servings (1/2 cup sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 469 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.