- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, milk and molasses. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in the apple, raisins, cherries and dates.
- Pour into a well-greased 6-cup pudding mold or metal gelatin mold. Cover with foil. Place on a rack in a deep kettle. Add 1 in. of boiling water to kettle; cover and boil gently for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, replacing water as needed. Let stand for 5 minutes before unmolding.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter and nutmeg. Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; cut into wedges. Serve warm with sauce. Yield: 8 servings (1/2 cup sauce).
Originally published as Christmas Pudding with Nutmeg Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p150
Reviews for Christmas Pudding with Nutmeg Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review