- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Silk or plastic holly leaves, optional
- Fresh cranberries, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the raisins, walnuts and dates.
- Spoon into a well-greased 2-qt. pudding mold or ovenproof bowl; cover tightly. Place on a rack in a deep pan; add 3 in. of hot water to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cover and steam for 3 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean, adding water to pan as needed.
- Let stand for 20 minutes before unmolding. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and flour. Stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Unmold pudding onto a serving plate; garnish with holly leaves and cranberries if desired. Serve warm with syrup. Yield: 10 servings (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Originally published as Christmas Pudding in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p67
Reviews for Christmas Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review