Christmas Pork Pie Recipe
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup undrained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Milk and sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into fruit mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in pork, pecans and salt.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim even with edge of plate. Fill with meat mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit the top of pie; make decorative cutouts in pastry. Set cutouts aside. Place top crust over filling; trim, seal and flute edges.
- 3. Brush pastry and cutouts with milk; place cutouts on top of pie. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 665 calories, 33 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 795 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Christmas Pork Pie
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.