Christmas Pizza Strips Recipe
Looking to add a dash of Christmas color to your appetizer mix? Topped with roasted peppers, caramelized onions, beef and black olives, this popular pizza is as tasty as it is decorative on the table.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil; add onion and sugar. Cook and stir over low heat for 30-35 minutes or until onion is caramelized. In another skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Press pizza dough into pan; prick dough with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Top with the beef, caramelized onion, cheese, red peppers, tomato and olives. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Pizza Strips in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Christmas Pizza Strips(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizer Pizza Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >