- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- In a nonstick skillet, heat butter and oil; add onion. Cook and stir over low heat for 30-35 minutes or until onion is caramelized. In another skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Sprinkle cornmeal into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Press pizza dough into pan; prick dough with a fork. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Top with the beef, caramelized onion, cheese, red peppers, tomato and olives. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut in to squares; serve warm. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Christmas Pizza Strips in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p31
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Christmas Pizza Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review