Christmas Petits Fours
These pretty, dainty petit fours are attractive and fun to make. You can trim them simply with sprinkles or more elegantly, as time allows.—Linda Ault, Newberry, Indiana
70 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tube each red and green decorating frosting
- Holiday sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg yolks until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Combine
- flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture with milk and
- butter, beating well after each addition. (Batter will be thick).
- Spread evenly into a greased and floured 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool