- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (.4 ounces) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup minced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 to 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and dressing mix until smooth. Add red pepper, celery, onions and olives; mix well. Spread about 3/4 cup on each tortilla. Roll up tightly; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cut into 1/2-in. slices. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Christmas Party Pinwheels
"Wonderful recipe! As many others said my family does not like olives so I omitted. I also added cheddar cheese, Tabasco, and then mixed as per the recipe. When I had spread this I topped it with 1 & 1/2 slices of thin sliced black forest ham and several leaves of hydroponic lettuce. Took these to a party and everyone raved over them. I doubled the recipe and it make 13 10-inch tortillas. TIP: cut the curved part off of three sides of the tortillas before applying spread. It makes these easier to roll and you are going to cut off that part anyway later."
"This was terrific. I added a jalapeno for some spice to half of the pinwheels. Both were great."
"Its festive looking and vegetarian!"
"Easy to make and so delicious. They disappear quickly!"
"The second time I made these, I added a thin slice of boiled ham after spreading on the cheese mixture then continued with the recipe. Granted, it no longer vegetarian, but it's good."
"This recipes is always a hit even when like tonight...I just realized I forgot the olives and I still got 3 requests for the recipe!"
"These are so good!! I always get compliments and rave reviews on these when I bring them anywhere."
"Loved it! The first time I made it for a party, I was asked for the recipe by two people. One comment re: ranch dressing mix... What is point 4 (.4) ounces? I used one package which is one (1.0) ounce. Followed recipe exactly. Rave reviews."
"sorry about the spelling ~ "tortillas"!"
"Loved recipe as submitted. Some family members aren't fans of flour totillas though, so used thin sliced ham. Tastey, but not nearly as pretty - I prefer the original idea ~ thanks for the recipe"